Phrank

Default Possible wandering footnote problem

Good morning,

I have a 15-page document with 10 footnotes. Page 4 ends with
footnote number 6. What should be footnote numbers 7 through 10
should be on page 5, however, footnote number 7 jumps up to the
footnotes following the renumbering suit. So, I have footnotes
numbers 1-6 and 8-11, and number 8 is on the wrong page. I've tried
deleting and reentering footnotes and entire text, but it still does
this. Is there a limited amount of room at the bottom of the page for
footnotes so that maybe this #8 is being moved up and the numbering
jumped to show that it belongs on the next page? That's all I can
think might be happening. I'd appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Frank
Doug Robbins

See the article "Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page
from their references in the text?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ootnoteFAQ.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Phrank" wrote in message
Good morning,

I have a 15-page document with 10 footnotes. Page 4 ends with
footnote number 6. What should be footnote numbers 7 through 10
should be on page 5, however, footnote number 7 jumps up to the
footnotes following the renumbering suit. So, I have footnotes
numbers 1-6 and 8-11, and number 8 is on the wrong page. I've tried
deleting and reentering footnotes and entire text, but it still does
this. Is there a limited amount of room at the bottom of the page for
footnotes so that maybe this #8 is being moved up and the numbering
jumped to show that it belongs on the next page? That's all I can
think might be happening. I'd appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Frank

Phrank

I'll check when I get to work and will let you know next week. Thank
you for your help!

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 15:09:04 +0200, "Doug Robbins"
wrote:

See the article "Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page
from their references in the text?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ootnoteFAQ.htm

Converted from WordPerfect and Footnote Problem Brian Bulson Microsoft Word Help 1 August 25th 05 12:02 AM
Problem with an endnote reference in a footnote Frank Drost Microsoft Word Help 1 May 27th 05 07:51 AM
footnote problem Frank Drost New Users 1 May 20th 05 12:22 AM
Footnote problem ilyaz New Users 4 February 4th 05 05:51 PM
footnotes Placement Problem, Footnote Palced to high Jeremy Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 03:13 PM