Grumakle

Default In Word, Changing the margins for text in the cell

I want to change the margins for the text inside the cell of the table
without changing the table or cell size.

I am making a table for business cards so I don't want to change the table
size or the cell size or the spacing between cell in the table.

I have gone to TABLE, TABLE PROPERITIES, CELL, OPTIONS, and change the
margins but afterward the table itself grew to place some of my cells on the
for allowing spacing between cells is not checked

I have also tried using the global cell margins under the TABLE tab and get
the same results.

Jim Speiser

This may or may not work...but is the problem reported by Grumakle (which I
also have) a "bug"? Isn't your solution a workaround? It seems to me that
changing the cell margins shouldn't change the size of the table, any more
than putting up wallpaper in your apartment should change the size of the
apartment building.

==JJS==

"Grumakle" wrote in message
I want to change the margins for the text inside the cell of the table
without changing the table or cell size.

I am making a table for business cards so I don't want to change the table
size or the cell size or the spacing between cell in the table.

I have gone to TABLE, TABLE PROPERITIES, CELL, OPTIONS, and change the
margins but afterward the table itself grew to place some of my cells on

block
for allowing spacing between cells is not checked

I have also tried using the global cell margins under the TABLE tab and

get
the same results.

Actually, if you DO allow spacing between the cells, the rows don't expand
to the next page, but you no longer see the horizontal gridlines or cell
boundaries in Print Layout view (you do see the gridlines in Normal view).
Moreover, the margins have no effect anyway.

I suspect if you want to increase the cell margins, you need to tinker with
the row height. It shouldn't work this way, but apparently it does.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Instead of changing the cell margins, change the paragraph margins

inside
the cell.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.