blkwebman1919

Default is the header (.HED) file no longer relevant in Word Mail Merge?

I just want to set up a single word template, point it to a specific header
file, and to a specific .txt file, just as as I have done in previous
versions of Word. I have an inncumbent application that looks for the .DOC,
..HED, and .TXT portions of the mail merge files and uses a Visual Basic
executable to execute the mail merge. The only difference here is that I am
using Word 2003 to create a new mail merge template. Does the new version
follow this architecture, or am I going to have to revert back to the older
version of Word in order to continue using the .HED functionality?
Doug Robbins

While some misguided person thought it would be a good idea to re-design the
user interface to mailmerge for Word XP (and the folly was retained in
2003), under the hood, it works the same way.

No one will own up to being the person to whom I refer.g
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP