legalese1972

Default Problems with tables not converting into word 2003

We recently upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and we have tables which
contained numeric data such as total charges and outstanding balances which
we manually put in and then at the bottom of the table we entered a formula
to total the columns. When these documents are opened in Word 2003 all of
our data is gone. However if we open it in the prior version of word, or
Wordperfect it opens up fine and the data is still there. How do we get this
data to appear in our new version of Word 2003???

Please help!!
Jean-Guy Marcil

legalese1972 was telling us:
legalese1972 nous racontait que :

We recently upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and we have tables
which contained numeric data such as total charges and outstanding
balances which we manually put in and then at the bottom of the table
we entered a formula to total the columns. When these documents are
opened in Word 2003 all of our data is gone. However if we open it
in the prior version of word, or Wordperfect it opens up fine and the
data is still there. How do we get this data to appear in our new
version of Word 2003???

This is a little vague... :-)

What do you mean by "our data is gone"?

The whole document is blank or just table cell content?
Are the formulas still there (with or without the right result)?
What do you see in the cells if you first click on ¶ on the standard toolbar
(Show All)?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

legalese1972

I have figured out what happened. Apparently, with the conversion from 2000
to 2003 the tabs in our tables changed for whatever reason. I hilighted the
columns and removed all the tabs and now our data in the columns are
appearing.

Thanks.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Jean-Guy Marcil

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

legalese1972 was telling us:
legalese1972 nous racontait que :

We recently upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and we have tables
which contained numeric data such as total charges and outstanding
balances which we manually put in and then at the bottom of the
table we entered a formula to total the columns. When these
documents are opened in Word 2003 all of our data is gone. However
if we open it in the prior version of word, or Wordperfect it opens
up fine and the data is still there. How do we get this data to
appear in our new version of Word 2003???

This is a little vague... :-)

What do you mean by "our data is gone"?

The whole document is blank or just table cell content?
Are the formulas still there (with or without the right result)?
What do you see in the cells if you first click on ¶ on the standard
toolbar (Show All)?

I suspected something like that... this is why I suggested working with
"Show All" on. I always display all non-printable characters (Spaces,
paragraph marks, cell markers, tabs, etc.) so I know what is going on.

Aren't table styles wonderful!

Glad you worked it out.

--
Salut!