Steve ashley

Default Word table margins jumping around

Wierdest thing I've ever seen in Word. Insert a one row, three column table
into a footer. The right two cells expand and contract to the right, as if
the row is trying to stretch itself out ot the right.

I got this file from a friend, and it's a template we need to use for a
newsletter. A LOT of hassle to recreate the whole thing.

If I move the right margin of the table in about 1/2 inch, the jumping
stops. I've tried reformatting, and also resetting the format style to
Normal. No effect.

While this is happening, the margin and tab indicators along the top ruler
also jump back and forth.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
S.
Stefan Blom

On the Table menu, click Table Properties. Click the Table tab. Click
Options. Is the "Automatically resize to fit contents" option selected?
If it is, clear it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve ashley" wrote in message
Wierdest thing I've ever seen in Word. Insert a one row, three column

table
into a footer. The right two cells expand and contract to the right,

as if
the row is trying to stretch itself out ot the right.

I got this file from a friend, and it's a template we need to use for

newsletter. A LOT of hassle to recreate the whole thing.

If I move the right margin of the table in about 1/2 inch, the jumping
stops. I've tried reformatting, and also resetting the format style

Normal. No effect.

While this is happening, the margin and tab indicators along the top

ruler
also jump back and forth.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
S.

Steve ashley

That did it!! I thought I had checked all the different options...just goes
to show you!

Thanks very much, Stefan!!

S.