teddkilroy

Default copy and paste labels

Question, I have a doc that was scanned and ocr software was used to convert
to ms word format. It had name, address, city and state+zip in 3 colums by x
rows for labels. Using 2 systems (office 03 & xp) I try to copy first label
and it ends up copying all of the first row names, addresses and city/st/zip.
I can not copy just the first label because it will continue to copy
everything else. Is this a problem with formatting? Is there a fix for this?
The reason I scanned the doc (hard copy) was to not retype the labels all
over again. The scanned doc was intended to copy and paste into the new label
document.
CyberTaz

Hello-

What (typically) happened is that each line of names, each line of addresses
& each line of c/s/z was translated by the OCR software as separate lines of
text with the content on each line separated in some way... probably tabs. If
you turn on non-printing characters (¶) you will be able to determine exactly
what. Form scanning settings or sofware is nedded to do otherwise.

You may simply be able to select all the content & then TableConvertText
to Table in order to help resolve the problem. If so, printing the labels
might not be a serious problem.

HTH |:)

"teddkilroy" wrote:

Question, I have a doc that was scanned and ocr software was used to convert
to ms word format. It had name, address, city and state+zip in 3 colums by x
rows for labels. Using 2 systems (office 03 & xp) I try to copy first label
and it ends up copying all of the first row names, addresses and city/st/zip.
I can not copy just the first label because it will continue to copy
everything else. Is this a problem with formatting? Is there a fix for this?
The reason I scanned the doc (hard copy) was to not retype the labels all
over again. The scanned doc was intended to copy and paste into the new label
document.

teddkilroy

You may simply be able to select all the content & then TableConvertText
to Table in order to help resolve the problem. If so, printing the labels
might not be a serious problem.

Worked good enough, thanks.

"teddkilroy" wrote:

Question, I have a doc that was scanned and ocr software was used to convert
to ms word format. It had name, address, city and state+zip in 3 colums by x
rows for labels. Using 2 systems (office 03 & xp) I try to copy first label
and it ends up copying all of the first row names, addresses and city/st/zip.
I can not copy just the first label because it will continue to copy
everything else. Is this a problem with formatting? Is there a fix for this?
The reason I scanned the doc (hard copy) was to not retype the labels all
over again. The scanned doc was intended to copy and paste into the new label
document.

Graham Mayor

Will your OCR software allow you to scan the labels to a table format? If
so, you can use the procedure at
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm