tcebob

Default Envelope font format

I'm sure this has been covered before, but a search failed to answer it:

There are a variety of existing templates, created a while ago on Word 97, with fields and
settings ready to go. They are still good in Word 2003 but I cannot seem to make them
accept some font style changes to envelopes. Tried loading TCEMemo.dot and changed the
envelope Address and Return fields to color 70,0,0 (dark red) and slightly expanded
character spacing. Then hit the Default... button, which asked whether I wanted to save to
the Normal template. Having nothing better to do I said ok.

Nothing seems to have changed at all. The TCEMemo.dot template still has the same settings
and when I create a new document the envelope format is the same, too. But Normal.dot does
indeed show the desired settings.

I guess I could make a macro to change the settings for each printing. But is there no way
to change the template?

Thanks,

TCEbob

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:15:36 -0400, "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote:

[...]

Hi Bob,

In Word, "Default" is a code word meaning "add it to Normal.dot".

To change the settings in the TCEMemo.dot, open a document based on
that template. Display the Styles & Formatting task bar, and select
"All styles" in the dropdown at the bottom. Modify the styles named
Envelope Address and Envelope Return. In the Modify Style dialog each
time, check the box at the bottom for "Add to template" before
clicking OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

[...]