Graham Mayor

Default Keep loosing personal toolbars & menus !!

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm and if necessary
the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm which between
them cover all the trouble shooting tips that are likely to cause problems.

I would also suggest that you move your toolbar and the associated macros to
a global add-in template which will reduce the likelihood of the issue
repeating itself.

MoiMeme wrote:
Hi,

Word XP-2002

I keep loosing personalized menus ( for calling functions I
frequently use and some macros) and a personalized toolbar ( for
frequently used formatting options)

That never arrived before

Using Kaspersky AV but have deactivated all VBA macros monitoring and
problempersist if I unload KAV
Same if I unload SpySweeper and ZoneAlarm 6

Any idea ?

If I restore with a backup copy of normal.dot all is OK
But after 1 or several closing of Word again one or all personalized
menu-toolbar disappear ( in fact they are there, but empty )

????

TIA !

MoiMeme

Thanks !
Will inspect carefully those links !
It is so annoying to regularly loose customizations you more or less
painfully acuqire over the time.
There also seems to appear a problem in normal.dot after a while, since
sometimes this ends up in an error message when starting Word, and then
Word.
When I want to restart it asks to restart in safe mode : it is then OK ( as
when I try winword /a), but as soon as I restart normally problem appears
again.
Sole solution I have found is to erase normal.dot and replace with a backup
one.
Then after a while I loose menus/toolbars then Word crashes at start adn so
on in a loop.

Evidently "something" corrupts my normal.dot - loose custom parts - too
much corrupted : Word crashes

But what, "that is the question"

Thanks for the links !
Phil

MoiMeme wrote:
Hi,

Word XP-2002

I keep loosing personalized menus ( for calling functions I
frequently use and some macros) and a personalized toolbar ( for
frequently used formatting options)

That never arrived before

Using Kaspersky AV but have deactivated all VBA macros monitoring and
problempersist if I unload KAV
Same if I unload SpySweeper and ZoneAlarm 6

Any idea ?

If I restore with a backup copy of normal.dot all is OK
But after 1 or several closing of Word again one or all personalized
menu-toolbar disappear ( in fact they are there, but empty )

????

TIA !

MoiMeme

Hi,

have found following forum thread for Acrobat 7+ which we use, with their
add-in .com as you cite in your site.
Applying the code they suggest "seems" to work for today. Will see if works
longer.

Anyway am interested by your suggestion to use global add-in template, but
don't know how to proceed

Regards

Phil

MoiMeme wrote:
Hi,

Word XP-2002

I keep loosing personalized menus ( for calling functions I
frequently use and some macros) and a personalized toolbar ( for
frequently used formatting options)

That never arrived before

Using Kaspersky AV but have deactivated all VBA macros monitoring and
problempersist if I unload KAV
Same if I unload SpySweeper and ZoneAlarm 6

Any idea ?

If I restore with a backup copy of normal.dot all is OK
But after 1 or several closing of Word again one or all personalized
menu-toolbar disappear ( in fact they are there, but empty )

????

TIA !

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc. This included info on making a global template.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MoiMeme" wrote in message
How do I create such a global add-in template ?
TIA