Peter

Default Lines

Word 2002

I am trying to place a simple and single line to divide text.

I go to View/Toolbars/Drawing

And when I choose Line I get a big box saying "Create your drawing here".

LineStyle is greyed out and does not allow me a choice.

Something seems to have gone haywire here!

help!

Stefan Blom

You can use a paragraph border. Simply place the cursor in the paragraph
which should have a border below it, and then do the following: On the
Format menu, click Borders and Shading. Click the Borders tab. Make sure
"Apply to" is "Paragraph". Pick a "Style", a "Width" and a "Color" of
your border. To insert it, click below the paragraph in the preview
picture, and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Word 2002

I am trying to place a simple and single line to divide text.

I go to View/Toolbars/Drawing

And when I choose Line I get a big box saying "Create your drawing

here".

LineStyle is greyed out and does not allow me a choice.

Something seems to have gone haywire here!

help!

Peter

Thanks Stefan

But it is not a border that I need.

Just a simple line to separate , say one paragraph from another.

I am sure in the past, I simply drew a line from the "Drawing Toolbar", but
now I can't get it to work.

"Stefan Blom" escreveu na mensagem

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Word 2002

I am trying to place a simple and single line to divide text.

I go to View/Toolbars/Drawing

And when I choose Line I get a big box saying "Create your drawing

here".

LineStyle is greyed out and does not allow me a choice.

Something seems to have gone haywire here!

help!

Luc

Peter,
Try using horizontal line, you can find it in the borders and tables
toolbar, click on the arrow next to the button which lets you apply borders,
right at the edge there is a button called horizontal line (that's what it
is called in the Dutch version). If you apply that you will get a horizontal
line, you can format it by double clicking on it, you can change colour,
height and position.
Luc
"Peter" schreef in bericht

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Word 2002

I am trying to place a simple and single line to divide text.

I go to View/Toolbars/Drawing

And when I choose Line I get a big box saying "Create your drawing

here".

LineStyle is greyed out and does not allow me a choice.

Something seems to have gone haywire here!

help!

Stan Brown

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:38:46 +0200 in
microsoft.public.word.newusers, Peter favored us with...
I am trying to place a simple and single line to divide text.

"Divide text", between two paragraphs?

Select one paragraph, click Format - Borders and Shading.

Be sure to select "Apply to: Paragraph" in lower right.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the
variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of
evolution is simply ignorant -- inexcusably ignorant, in a world
where three out of four people have learned to read and write."
--Daniel Dennett, /Darwin's Dangerous Idea/ (1995), page 46
Chuck Davis

"Peter" wrote in message
Word 2002

I am trying to place a simple and single line to divide text.

I go to View/Toolbars/Drawing

And when I choose Line I get a big box saying "Create your drawing here".

LineStyle is greyed out and does not allow me a choice.

Something seems to have gone haywire here!
help!

For a single line, type a dash (-) three times (---) in a row and hit enter.

Stefan Blom

What's easy or not is a matter of personal preferences, I guess. To me,
a border seems a lot easier than inserting a drawing object for the
purpose you described in your original message.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP