cynlis

Default Word 2003: Envelopes & Labels, does not come up and Word freezes.

Maybe someone can help with this issue. Here is the response I got from the
Microsoft Concierge. The link she gave me for the Managed Newsgroup did not
work:
Welcome to Microsoft Small Business Concierge Chat Services
The Microsoft Small Business Chat session has been accepted.

{Leslie} Hello Cynthia, welcome to the Microsoft Online Concierge. I am
Leslie, How may I assist you today?
{cynlis} i am looking for help with word 2003. . . when i try to go to
"envelopes & labels", it does not come up and word freezes.
{Leslie} Is there any error messages?
{cynlis} well, sometimes it says "word not responding"
{cynlis} sometimes it comes up after about three minutes of being frozen.
{Leslie} Let me check my resources and see what I can find out for you,
Cynthia.
{cynlis} then, if you try to go into envelopes and labels again, it works
perfect until word is shut down, then it happens all over again.
{cynlis} are you still there?
{Leslie} This issue may occur if you are working with Word (and other
programs for Microsoft Windows), and the Windows page file increases. This
increase can be large and can use up most or all the available disk space.
{Leslie} Yes, I am still searching for you, Cynthia.
{Leslie} Here is the article which is talking about that issue
{cynlis} ater i un-installed the entire office 2003 suite. . . i shut down
the machine, waited 5 minutes and re-booted. then i re-installed the entire
suite. i then shutdown again, waited 5 minutes and stared it again. then i
opened word and it was still happening.
{cynlis} i will look at that link now. . . give me a minute.
{cynlis} i have 34gb of hd space (40 gb total) and 512mc ram.
{cynlis} every other menu function in word seems to be fine.
{cynlis} and i have run nothing else since the re-boot.
{Leslie} Ok, it sounds strange.
{Leslie} My suggestion is that you can post the issues on the Managed
Newsgroup, and you will get response from our technical engineer in 24 hours.

{cynlis} can i have that link please
{Leslie} Ok, let me check it for you.
{Leslie} Managed Newsgroup for Technet
https://login.passport.net/ppsecure/...=1033&id=42814

I hope someone out there can help me with this!

Thanks!

~cynlis

Word 2003 Mailmerge problem - works in Word 2000 Rick Robinson Mailmerge 2 April 28th 05 10:16 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
merging Word 2000 data source and word 2003 envelopes Jini Mailmerge 1 December 2nd 04 10:48 PM