TechWriter

Default Where is normal.dot???

I can't find normal.dot. I have a Windows 2000 Professional running on
this office PC. I consulted the Microsoft website as well as some Word
help websites. From them I deduce that normal.dot will be at
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates. But I actually can't find the Application
Data folder.

I tried with every search effort you can think of. I tried the Program
Files folder. It has templates, but not normal.dot. Where do I find it?
I need to store a document template I made some time ago in the same
folder as normal.dot. I want all my templates in the same folder.

Thanks in advance.

Graham Mayor

Normal.dot (not hidden in Word 2000) is in the folder defined at tools
options file locations user templates. The default folder location will
depend on the operating system.

Joe McGuire wrote:
Search for it in Windows Explorer. But first you must set your Folder
Options to Display Hidden Folders. Otherwise, it will never be found.

"TechWriter" wrote in message
ups.com...
I can't find normal.dot. I have a Windows 2000 Professional running
on this office PC. I consulted the Microsoft website as well as some
Word help websites. From them I deduce that normal.dot will be at
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates. But I actually can't find the Application
Data folder.

I tried with every search effort you can think of. I tried the
Program Files folder. It has templates, but not normal.dot. Where do
I find it? I need to store a document template I made some time ago
in the same folder as normal.dot. I want all my templates in the
same folder. Thanks in advance.

question about normal.dot and changing language of office lantek1 Microsoft Word Help 0 August 26th 05 02:24 PM
Normal.dot Page Layout 6 June 10th 05 07:44 PM
Demented normal.dot - save one version, Word displays another... tearinhairout Microsoft Word Help 3 May 16th 05 07:56 AM
Normal.dot default styles LindaNorcross Microsoft Word Help 3 April 21st 05 12:43 AM
How do I find the normal.dot template so I can make modifications? zunitalks Page Layout 4 January 28th 05 01:31 PM