Curare

Default Cross References

I worked a Table of Contents problem I had about the title being bold and the
page numbers not in bold format by using cross references instead. Now the
problem, however, is that the bookmark selections I have on my template don't
carry over to the merged document. Thus, the page reference does not work.
I tried using Headings, but Word will only allow heading references to styles
named "Heading x". So, I tried using Heading 1, but the reference chnages
from the template to the merged document i.e. {PAGEREF _Ref115063268} on the
merged document vs {PAGEREF _Ref115061073} on the template.

Is there a way to get bookmarks to carry over to a merged document? Can I
use a custom sytle for cross reference? Please help.