alainr

Default Clicking a REF field triggers an update all links?

I have document which has a number of cross-referenced figures, bookmarks,
etc. Also on one of the pages is a linked Excel spreadsheet object.

For some reason, when-ever I click on a cross-reference anywhere in my
document, I get the following dialog:

'[file path]\Excel Linked File.xls' contains macros.

Macros may contain viruses. It is usually safe to disable macros, but if the
macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality.
(Disable Macros) (Enable Macros) (More Info)

I dont' mind this dialog which is related to security settings when I update
my links manually, and appears since there are macros in my excel spreadsheet
file. However, I don't see why the field of this particular object must be
updated everytime I use a cross-ref in my word document which has nothing to
do with the spreadsheet object.

Any ideas what is going on and if there is a way to prevent this?

DDE field doesn't update when printing after applying word 2000 sp3 OliveX Mailmerge 1 May 20th 05 12:46 PM
How do I force an AutoText field to update on document save? voyageria Microsoft Word Help 1 May 2nd 05 09:32 PM
auto update field Shaolin New Users 1 March 11th 05 12:42 AM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM
How do I get links to auto update in word without being asked eve. Mozz Microsoft Word Help 2 December 5th 04 09:09 PM