Peter

Default WORD Envelopes addressing problem

I've been using Envelops and Labels in WORD (2000) for some time. I used the
pulldown in Envelopes to select the address from my Outlook Contacts.
Recently one of my contacts moved. I updated their address in Contacts but
cannot seem to find a way for the new addess to available in WORD Envelopes.
I tried deleteing the person from the pulldown but it won't go away. I tried
blanking out the address after inserting from the pulldown, then pasting in
the new address. That works for that time only but the pulldown still has
the old address next time.
Any suggestions?
Could it be some problem with the Address Book versus Contacts? I have been
using Contacts for years since it first became available.
Graham Mayor

This is a question for an Outlook group, but when the Contacts list is
updated, the address book should be also as they are linked. You could try
deleting the address book (NOT THE CONTACTS LIST!!!) from Outlook then add
it again to re-establish the link.

Peter wrote:
I've been using Envelops and Labels in WORD (2000) for some time. I
used the pulldown in Envelopes to select the address from my Outlook
Contacts. Recently one of my contacts moved. I updated their address
in Contacts but cannot seem to find a way for the new addess to
available in WORD Envelopes. I tried deleteing the person from the
pulldown but it won't go away. I tried blanking out the address
after inserting from the pulldown, then pasting in the new address.
That works for that time only but the pulldown still has the old
address next time.
Any suggestions?
Could it be some problem with the Address Book versus Contacts? I
have been using Contacts for years since it first became available.

Peter

I deleted just one name from the Address book and it also deleted the name
from Contacts. I reentered the data then went into WORD/Envelopes and the
address came out OK. Not a great way to fix the problem but it is a fix. I
think I'll try making a copy of the contact under another name, deleting the
name from Address then renaming the copy. That should do the same thing,
breaking the link to WORD. Thanks for the help. ---peter---

Peter wrote:
I've been using Envelops and Labels in WORD (2000) for some time. I
used the pulldown in Envelopes to select the address from my Outlook
Contacts. Recently one of my contacts moved. I updated their address
in Contacts but cannot seem to find a way for the new addess to
available in WORD Envelopes. I tried deleteing the person from the
pulldown but it won't go away. I tried blanking out the address
after inserting from the pulldown, then pasting in the new address.
That works for that time only but the pulldown still has the old
address next time.
Any suggestions?
Could it be some problem with the Address Book versus Contacts? I
have been using Contacts for years since it first became available.

Graham Mayor

Make your changes in Outlook, not the address book. The link between
Word/Outlook 2000 is somewhat tenuous and easily damaged. If you make *any*
changes in Address Book, chances are that it will change the display in
Outlook Contacts.

If you set the view in Outlook to 'detailed address cards' - Word will
insert the addresses as they are displayed. Any entry that doesn't have an
address shown in this view needs to be opened and resaved.

Fortunately this link has been improved for the current versions.