kaiser

Default What does this mean ~$

Hello,

In a folder in on my server at work I see a duplicate of a file with
the ~$ symbol infront of the file.
eg:

markup legal.doc and below it
~$rkup legal.doc

I dont have any files open...these files are annoying because in a
folder with 30 word docs they take up space....can I delete them or can
i hide them?

Anne Troy

It is either a file that is currently open, and Windows has created a
temporary file to use while you work on it, or it is one that is left over
because of a crash or other failure of the document to close properly.
Generally...delete them. See this for more information:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/h...hard_drive.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"kaiser" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

In a folder in on my server at work I see a duplicate of a file with
the ~$ symbol infront of the file.
eg:

markup legal.doc and below it
~$rkup legal.doc

I dont have any files open...these files are annoying because in a
folder with 30 word docs they take up space....can I delete them or can
i hide them?

kaiser

thank you anne