Paul

Default Old templates

Goog morning,

Many of our users do have very much documents they re-use. Those documents
are based that don't excist anymore. (they where on a server). Now when they
open a document, it take up to three minutes. Is there a possibility to
repair those documents in a simple way?
Whe have Windows XP and Office XP.

Many thanks
Paul

"Paul" wrote:

Goog morning,

Many of our users do have very much documents they re-use. Those documents
are based on templates that don't excist anymore. (they where on a server). Now when they
open a document, it take up to three minutes. Is there a possibility to
repair those documents in a simple way?
Whe have Windows XP and Office XP.

Many thanks

Charles Kenyon

First, they should not be opening old documents and using them as the basis
for new documents. This is the purpose of templates.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

Second, Word is looking for the old template on the network and this can
take a long time. Once a document is opened, they should go to Tools
Templates and Add-Ins and attach their current normal.dot template to the
document (without the box being checked to update styles) and then save the
document again. Next time the document is opened it will not have the
problem. This initial opening can be speeded up by logging off the network
while opening old documents.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
How do I turn off the MS Word templates ?? Jay Freedman Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 03:52 PM
Workgroup templates Jon Lewis Microsoft Word Help 2 June 13th 05 09:21 PM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM