billybob

Default Problem won't go away ( to 9/18&22/05)

Now I think we are narrowing the cause of the problem down, Mike.

The black band seems to happen when I put a page-size textbox on page 1. The
smaller the text-box, the smaller the band up to a point where it disappears
altogether. The black band always appears at the bottom of the page. No
textbox or drawing canvas...no black band. ???? Any ideas, anyone?

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Billy

If you can stay with the original post, it helps us.. you do not have to
make new ones each day..

OK, a question.. why are you setting up a page size text box?.. Word enables
you to start text anywhere on the page without having to use a text box..
one use for a text box is if you wanted to add text within a diagram maybe..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"billybob" wrote in message
Now I think we are narrowing the cause of the problem down, Mike.

The black band seems to happen when I put a page-size textbox on page 1.
The
smaller the text-box, the smaller the band up to a point where it
disappears
altogether. The black band always appears at the bottom of the page. No
textbox or drawing canvas...no black band. ???? Any ideas, anyone?

billybob

Mike, I use "text boxes" when I create DVD Jewel case inserts for my DVD
library. This allows me to have more control over textured backgrounds and
graphics... along with text. I've been doing this successfully for years
with no problems until now. I have a software program that actually does
this also, but it is much more difficult to achieve the same results as I
get in Word 2002. I do not claim to be very knowledgeable in Word. Thanks
for your response to my problem.

Graham Mayor

You would probably be better using a three cell table for your jewel case
inserts, but Word is a poor tool for this job. Publisher is better and
Surething dramatically better than either.

billybob wrote:
Mike, I use "text boxes" when I create DVD Jewel case inserts for my
DVD library. This allows me to have more control over textured
backgrounds and graphics... along with text. I've been doing this
successfully for years with no problems until now. I have a software
program that actually does this also, but it is much more difficult
to achieve the same results as I get in Word 2002. I do not claim to
be very knowledgeable in Word. Thanks for your response to my
problem.

billybob

Thanks, Graham! You are right! I just got the "Surething" program and I'm
very impressed with it. Looking forward to working with it.

Bill

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo