deepster1020

Default How do I get word count in MSWord field code?

I would like to get the number of characters with spaces in a Word document
inserted in a field code. Is this possible?
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:36:02 -0700, deepster1020
wrote:

I would like to get the number of characters with spaces in a Word document
inserted in a field code. Is this possible?

Not without a macro. The standard NumChars field gives the count
without spaces.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Herb Tyson [MVP]

If you don't double-space between sentences, you can get a fairly close
approximation with the following field code:

{={numchars}+{numwords}}

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
wrote:

I would like to get the number of characters with spaces in a Word
document
inserted in a field code. Is this possible?

Not without a macro. The standard NumChars field gives the count
without spaces.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

macropod

Hi deepster,

Try using Insert|Field, then selecting 'Docproperty', followed by clicking
the 'Options' button and choosing "CharactersWithSpaces".

Alternatively, you can code it yourself with Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of
field braces, then typing:
DOCPROPERTY "CharactersWithSpaces"
between them to get:
{DOCPROPERTY "CharactersWithSpaces" }
and pressing F9 to update.

Cheers

"deepster1020" wrote in message
I would like to get the number of characters with spaces in a Word

document
inserted in a field code. Is this possible?

Jay Freedman

Thank you! I really do learn something new every day. :-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Ole Objects inserted into Word SmogerP Mailmerge 9 April 18th 05 09:09 PM