Default large spacing between words in justified paragraph

Hi, i'm having a problemw ith microsoft word 2000.

My paragrphs are justified and sometimes the last sentence in a
paragraph will be stretched over the entire width of a page, even
though the last sentence may only have a small number of words in it.
Since there are a small number of words in the sentence and it's
stretched over the entire width of the page, the spacing between the
words is large. How do i fix this? Pressing enter at the end of the
paragraph doesn't work.

Thank you.

Helmut Weber

Hi Jay,

I see no option for "full justification" in the
format paragraph dialog. Is this accessible only
by (Ctrl+Shift+J) or programmatically?

Selection.Paragraphs(1).Alignment = wdAlignParagraphDistribute

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:17:25 +0200, Helmut Weber
wrote:

Hi Jay,

I see no option for "full justification" in the
format paragraph dialog. Is this accessible only
by (Ctrl+Shift+J) or programmatically?

Selection.Paragraphs(1).Alignment = wdAlignParagraphDistribute

Yes, that's true. If you select text that's already full-justified and
go into the Format Paragraph dialog, the alignment dropdown shows a
blank entry. It looks like somebody at MS forgot to fill the list
completely.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hi I tried highlighting the last setence and the entire last paragraph
and pressing ctrl+shift+j, but nothing happened. I tried tried ctrl+j,
and nothign happened either. If i left justify the last line the entire
paragrph becomes left justified so that solution's out.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

CyberTaz

" wrote:

Hi I tried highlighting the last setence and the entire last paragraph
and pressing ctrl+shift+j, but nothing happened. I tried tried ctrl+j,
and nothign happened either. If i left justify the last line the entire
paragrph becomes left justified so that solution's out.

Hi Alex-

Just for clarification, Justification (or Alignment) is a paragraph
attribute. Whatever you use is applied to an entire paragraph, you can't
'mix' left, right, centered & justified in the same paragraph.

What happens if you reformat the para _left_, then reformat it _justified_?

Regards |:)
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

line & paragraph spacing in Word Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 20 March 15th 09 02:15 AM
WordPad paragraph spacing - Setting to zero Ferdinand Microsoft Word Help 1 May 20th 05 07:15 PM
Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 04:46 AM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
How do I add double spacing beween words? Mcfadden Microsoft Word Help 2 November 28th 04 08:35 AM