Rich Franck

Default What makes Word screen borders flash?

I have had this problem in various versions of Word. In certain documents,
and on certain days, the criterion for which I don't understand, the screen
borders begin to flash when I click on a toolbar icon, and I have to close
the document.
Rich Franck

Yes! Thank you, thank you! This is one of the very few problems I've had
with Word or any other Office program, but it has been so frustrating. I
wasn't able to find the latest plug-in at Symantec, but will keep looking.
At least I now know I can turn the feature off, permanently or temporarily as
needed.

Thanks for the quick response.

Rich

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:40:01 -0700, "Rich Franck" Rich
wrote:

I have had this problem in various versions of Word. In certain documents,
and on certain days, the criterion for which I don't understand, the screen
borders begin to flash when I click on a toolbar icon, and I have to close
the document.

Maybe this will help -- or maybe not, since the symptoms sound a bit
different:

Title Bars Flash, Word Becomes Unresponsive, or Word Cannot Close
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812075

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman