Bugdoctor

Default Sort Folders in Ascending or Descending Order

In Word 2003 I have somehow changed the way my folders and files are listed
in My Documents when I want to open a folder. I want them to be listed
alphabetically from A to Z, but instead they now always come up from Z to A.
I can't figure out how to get back the original display view. Can anyone
help? Thanks!
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:46:04 -0700, Bugdoctor
wrote:

In Word 2003 I have somehow changed the way my folders and files are listed
in My Documents when I want to open a folder. I want them to be listed
alphabetically from A to Z, but instead they now always come up from Z to A.
I can't figure out how to get back the original display view. Can anyone
help? Thanks!

If the display in the File Open dialog isn't already in Details
view, right-click a blank area and click View Details. There should
now be column headings at the top, the first of which is Name. Click
that heading once or twice until the folders and files are listed in
ascending order -- each click reverses the order.

You can also sort on the other columns by clicking their headings. The
current sorting column and the direction of sorting is shown by the
gray triangle next to the column name.

Once the list is sorted to your liking, you can switch to any of the
other views, and the order will be maintained.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman