Tpeila

Default Repeating Data or poulating fileds trouble HELP!

I am using the repeating data macro from gregmaxey. I was asked to rearrange
the page order of this document which has 11 pages. When I did I get "Error!
Reference source not found." So I went back through the
whole document added the same references saved it and it worked. Now the next
day I go to open it and am getting the same error message. Any ideas?

Another question can you put a reference field at the beginning of the
document but
the text it is referencing is not until the third page? Not all of these are
like this but a couple are.

Thanks, Tanya

Herb Tyson [MVP]

To answer your 2nd question first, yes. The bookmarked field and and
referencing fields can reside anywhere in the document. Their relative
early/middle/late positions doesn't matter.

As to the other errors, it sounds like the bookmarked areas are being
damaged/destroyed/broken when you rearrange the page order. When
rearranging, make sure that no bookmarked sections span the boundardies
across which you're rearranging. If you can't tell, choose Tools - Options -
View, and make sure that Bookmarks are ticked in the Show section.

What version of Word is this, by the way?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Tpeila" wrote in message
I am using the repeating data macro from gregmaxey. I was asked to
rearrange
the page order of this document which has 11 pages. When I did I get
"Error!
Reference source not found." So I went back through the
whole document added the same references saved it and it worked. Now the
next
day I go to open it and am getting the same error message. Any ideas?

Another question can you put a reference field at the beginning of the
document but
the text it is referencing is not until the third page? Not all of these
are
like this but a couple are.

Thanks, Tanya

Tpeila

MS Word 2002

I will try that. I think it has to do with something in the first two pages.
I rearranged the pages again starting from scratch and if I leave the fire
two pages it is fine. So we will see if they are happy with that OR if I need
to play with it some more. Thanks for all your help, Tanya