SteveK

Default View Markups is on when others open document

I am using Word Office 2003 SP1.

When others receive and open a Word doc that I send to them it comes up with
Markup on. They have to go to ViewMarkup and turn it off.

When I was having the problem the same problem when opening that document I
searched around and found what I thought was the solution: Tools Option
Security uncheck the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
box. That worked for me because after unchecking the box I was able to open
the document without the markups showing.

But it turns out that that setting is for my machine only and everyone else
that gets the document sees the markups and has to turn them off manually.

How do I fix this?

Steve Krause

Anne Troy

Steve, this article should interest you:
http://www.officearticles.com/outloo..._outloo k.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SteveK" wrote in message
I am using Word Office 2003 SP1.

When others receive and open a Word doc that I send to them it comes up
with
Markup on. They have to go to ViewMarkup and turn it off.

When I was having the problem the same problem when opening that document
searched around and found what I thought was the solution: Tools Option

Security uncheck the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
box. That worked for me because after unchecking the box I was able to
open
the document without the markups showing.

But it turns out that that setting is for my machine only and everyone
else
that gets the document sees the markups and has to turn them off manually.

How do I fix this?

Steve Krause

SteveK

Wow. I never noticed that one.

But checking Oultook I see that that check box is not checked. Also others
have problem with that Word doc even when they open it from the same
location that I am opening it; not from an email that I've sent to them.

If there are no other settings that would cause this then is it possible
that the file is corrupted in some way? and are there ways of saving in
other formats and then reopening that would clean the markups out of the
document.? or ways of stripping out the markups. I don't need the
markups.

Steve

"SteveK" wrote in message
[...]

SteveK

Well, I didn't know how to deal with Markups. I read them help and learned
that I use the Review toolbar to Accept Changes and that got rid of the
markups and solved my problem. -- there was one minor problem in that one
of the markups that I had added - rather than others -- didn't get removed
and I had to also use Reject Change/Delete to clear it.
But now the document is clean.

Steve

But it has another type of problem totally unrelated that I will now post as
a different thread.