HT

Default Footnotes (1)

WindowsXP
Word2003

I saw this on a document and don't know how to re-create it.

The footnote reference in the text reads "(1)"..then at the end of the page
the footnote reads "(1)blahblah"..when I create a footnote I only get the
number not the formatting.

Thanks in advance...

Stefan Blom

You can clear the superscript attribute from the Footnote Reference
character style. However, there is no built-in way to add leading and
trailing text to footnotes. You could add them manually (by typing) or
hope that someone can come up with a macro. If you know some VBA
yourself, perhaps you could modify the macro given at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...scptFnotes.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"HT" wrote in message
WindowsXP
Word2003

I saw this on a document and don't know how to re-create it.

The footnote reference in the text reads "(1)"..then at the end of
the page
the footnote reads "(1)blahblah"..when I create a footnote I only
get the
number not the formatting.

Thanks in advance...

Klaus Linke

There are also some (international) footnote numbering styles that aren't
directly available from the dialog, but bracketed numbers aren't among them
:-(

Some styles that are possible...

1., 2., 3., ...
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=5

Circled numbers (up to 20):
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=wdNoteNumberS tyleNumberInCircle
or
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=18

01, 02, 03, ...
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=22

-1-, -2-, -3-, ...
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=57

You can type the line of code in the immediate VBA window (Alt+F11, Ctrl+G).

Regards,
Klaus

"HT" wrote in message
WindowsXP
Word2003

I saw this on a document and don't know how to re-create it.

The footnote reference in the text reads "(1)"..then at the end of
the page
the footnote reads "(1)blahblah"..when I create a footnote I only
get the
number not the formatting.

Thanks in advance...

Stefan Blom

Good to know!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"HT" wrote in message
WindowsXP
Word2003

I saw this on a document and don't know how to re-create it.

The footnote reference in the text reads "(1)"..then at the end

of
the page
the footnote reads "(1)blahblah"..when I create a footnote I only
get the
number not the formatting.

Thanks in advance...

continuous footnotes on the same line Yehuda S Microsoft Word Help 2 June 3rd 05 06:03 AM
Footnotes and sections combined Lynnie Page Layout 3 April 1st 05 04:28 PM
Hidden footnotes Wick Tables 1 February 27th 05 03:05 AM
How do you view only footnotes and/or make a list of footnotes? Secretary short on time. Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 09:50 PM
footnotes with multiple sections dcn1396 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 20th 04 01:47 AM