K. Keach

Default default page orientation for all new documents

After preparing several new documents with landscape page layouts, Word has
decided that I want the page layout for all new documents to be landscape. I
am tired of having to change the page layout back to protrait everytime I
open a new document, but can't find where the default values are set.
Anybody know?
LDP-NYC

You may want to try opening your Normal.dot file typically found in
C:\Documents and Settings\ your user name \Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates.

Make sure you open the file, rather than double-clicking on the icon, as
this will not open the template, but create a new document.

Now change the landscape to portrait via File, Page Setup, save and close.

You have now changed the template this used every time you want to create a
new document ---hope this works.

"K. Keach" wrote:

After preparing several new documents with landscape page layouts, Word has
decided that I want the page layout for all new documents to be landscape. I
am tired of having to change the page layout back to protrait everytime I
open a new document, but can't find where the default values are set.
Anybody know?

In a new Word document, without making any other changes, go to File | Page
Setup and change the orientation to Portrait. Click Default... and answer
Yes. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm