linda

Default Autotext

Using Word 2000, constantly redoing Autotext that I have put in the day
before! Why are they disappearing?

Sounds like either you're not saving Normal.dot or it's being overwritten.

"linda" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, constantly redoing Autotext that I have put in the day
before! Why are they disappearing?

linda

We are clicking on "save" when closing our template that stores the autotext,
which means that the document should save. At least it has for 7 years!
Since the 2000 update though we seem to constantly loose the autotext. If you
save the normal.doc, you have to give it a new name and so on..... Is there
a limit to the autotext file?

"linda" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, constantly redoing Autotext that I have put in the day
before! Why are they disappearing?

Charles Kenyon

Since the 2000 update though we seem to constantly loose the autotext.

This is not a factor in Word 2000. I suspect that when you updated your IT
people also standardized your templates in some way that replaces them on a
daily basis with the old version. This would be a part of your network
protocols.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like either you're not saving Normal.dot or it's being
overwritten.

so
all may benefit.

"linda" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, constantly redoing Autotext that I have put in the day
before! Why are they disappearing?

Charles Kenyon

Are you on a network?

What is your operating system?

Is your template or the folder containing your template marked as read-only?

BTW, it is normal.dot, not normal.doc.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Since the 2000 update though we seem to constantly loose the autotext.

This is not a factor in Word 2000. I suspect that when you updated your
IT
people also standardized your templates in some way that replaces them on
daily basis with the old version. This would be a part of your network
protocols.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like either you're not saving Normal.dot or it's being
overwritten.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"linda" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, constantly redoing Autotext that I have put in the
day
before! Why are they disappearing?

Graham Mayor

You need to identify why you cannot save changes to normal.dot. It may be
because it is locked with a temporary file - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Since the 2000 update though we seem to constantly loose the
autotext.

This is not a factor in Word 2000. I suspect that when you updated
your IT people also standardized your templates in some way that
replaces them on a daily basis with the old version. This would be a
part of your network protocols.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news

"linda" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, constantly redoing Autotext that I have put in
the day before! Why are they disappearing?

How do I save my AutoText file to transfer it to another PC? kd1s Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 05 07:39 AM
Autotext item should retain paragraph formatting in effect at the. NickPiazza Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 06:15 PM
Autotext Headings Bryan Microsoft Word Help 4 January 6th 05 05:39 PM
AutoText Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 04 03:08 PM
Autotext in footer pinkytoes Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 09:09 AM