Sonny1 Sonny1 is offline
Junior Member

Default Formatting tables in a document

I've written a macro to insert 22 other documents into another document. The 23 documents have tables in them. My prblem is after the insert of each document the table margin changes of most of the documents. I would like to know if theirs a way for me to set the 1st table of each inserted document to be place in the same area on the main document. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Sonny1 Sonny1 is offline
Junior Member

Can you explain how the Master and Sub function works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLT via OfficeKB.com

Sonny1 wrote:
I've written a macro to insert 22 other documents into another document.
The 23 documents have tables in them. My prblem is after the insert of
each document the table margin changes of most of the documents. I
would like to know if theirs a way for me to set the 1st table of each
inserted document to be place in the same area on the main document.
Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
PLT via OfficeKB.com

Note: If you don't have header/footer in each document, this feature work out
great. The idea behind this feature is to have all individual file combine
without loosing their own format, and they have only one header/footer wthich
you created from master document. After you completed, you can save each file
back to its own file, and master document separately. I am using this feature
to submit monthly report to our customers.

First, you need to create a master document. Start with the blank document,
if you like you can create your company header/footer or page number from
here.

Second, select View, Outline. Word takes you to outline page format with new
toolbar on top. To insert the first document, look for the icon Insert
Subdocument, and click this icon. It open up a dialog box to select file, and
double click the filename. The file automatically expand in master document,
if you collapse the subdocument, Word will ask to save back to its original
file. You can modify, edit each subdocument and save back to its original
filename. Repeat these steps, until you all merge the subdocument.

When you are done, make sure you collapse subdocuments before saving the
master separately. You can use this master every month for your report.

PLT via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
Why do need to write the macro for? Word has an option of Master and
Sub

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
-

garfield-n-odie

For most users, the master/subdocument feature in Word is
troublesome. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm .
If you insist on using the master/subdocument feature, then see
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...masterdocs.doc
for some good advice.