robin8989

Default How to open Word Document without WORD in Windows ME,

How can I open Word Documents without the Word Program in Windows ME. The
download offered at Microsoft , Word Viewer 2003 does not work with Windows
ME.
Is there any other way???
garfield-n-odie

You can download a Word 97-2000 viewer from
.. WinME is not listed in the system requirements, but WinME is
in the same Windows family as Win98, so it ought to work.

robin8989 wrote:

How can I open Word Documents without the Word Program in Windows ME. The
download offered at Microsoft , Word Viewer 2003 does not work with Windows
ME.
Is there any other way???

Herb Tyson [MVP]

I don't have access to ME anymore (that sounds strange, I know...), but I
thought it came with WordPad, which can open most Word files. Check in your
Accessories folder (Start - Programs - Accessories...).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"robin8989" wrote in message
How can I open Word Documents without the Word Program in Windows ME. The
download offered at Microsoft , Word Viewer 2003 does not work with
Windows
ME.
Is there any other way???

robin8989

thanks
ME does have Wordpad but it doesn't seem to open thw WORD documents. so, any
other ideas? or maybe there is some trick to using the Wordpad?