Erica Lais

Default Setting tab order in Word 2000

Hello !

Please, is it possible to set the tab order (in text boxes, check boxes,
option buttoms ) in Word 2000 ? Do I need to attach a VBA Macro ? In this
case, could you provide me with a script for that ?

Thanks in advance

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 02:51:02 -0700, "Erica Lais"
wrote:

Hello !

Please, is it possible to set the tab order (in text boxes, check boxes,
option buttoms ) in Word 2000 ? Do I need to attach a VBA Macro ? In this
case, could you provide me with a script for that ?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you need a macro. It's at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...etTabOrder.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Armistead

Hello,

I have a follow-up question. Suppose I have many users who will be using
this form. If I have to assign a macro to the fields, and if their macro
security is set so high that they are unable to open the document, doesn't
that defeat the purpose of designing a form in the first place? I have
literally hundreds of users who would need to use the form and most of them
don't know how to reduce their security settings (assuming they even have the
ability to do so). Would it be easier in the long run to design the form
according to the pre-defined tab order that Word is programmed for?

Erica Lais wrote:
Hello !

Please, is it possible to set the tab order (in text boxes, check
boxes, option buttoms ) in Word 2000 ? Do I need to attach a VBA
Macro ? In this case, could you provide me with a script for that ?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

A high security setting will not prevent the document from opening, only
from stopping the macros it contains. Macros should be saved in templates
and Word should be set to trust installed templates and add-ins. If your
form is complex, you are not going to be able to avoid macros.

Erica Lais wrote:
Hello !

Please, is it possible to set the tab order (in text boxes, check
boxes, option buttoms ) in Word 2000 ? Do I need to attach a VBA
Macro ? In this case, could you provide me with a script for that ?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Armistead

Thanks for the advice, Graham -- I'd been designing a document instead of a
template, which must have been the source of my frustration. I'll save it as
a template and give it a shot. Thanks!