Dan

Default Update text automatical from a table to another table in same docu

I wont to make a summary table from a larger table in the same document. Some
of the text in the larger table should be copied to the smaller table.
Ex: Update the contents in cell C4 in table 1 with the text from cell D4 in
table 2, C5 table 1 to D5 table 2 etc. Can this be done with fields or
something else?
Tony Jollans

Yes, it can be done with fields. Set bookmarks to the data you want copied
and use REF fields to reference the bookmarks. Take care, though, because it
is easy to accidentally delete bookmarks when editing a document.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Dan" wrote in message
I wont to make a summary table from a larger table in the same document.

Some
of the text in the larger table should be copied to the smaller table.
Ex: Update the contents in cell C4 in table 1 with the text from cell D4

in
table 2, C5 table 1 to D5 table 2 etc. Can this be done with fields or
something else?

Greg

As Tony says it can be done with fields, but not "automatical" as you
stated in your subject. The REF fields can be updated several ways but
not automatically (i.e., in real time as you type). See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm