Mike, Lancaster, UK

Default HELP!!! Date not in correct UK format when merging from Excel

Please help as this is driving us crazy.

We are trying to merge in Word with an Excel data source. The data we are
having problems with is date related.

We finally patched to SP3 and realised that after the patch you could
specify the date picture using the switch \@ "DD/MM/YYYY". This is to
correct the error in Word because it does not display the dates in the
correct format - For some dates it displays them in the correct format,
others it does not (all the columns in Excel are set to correct format).

So in order to work around this i used the switch above, but 2 columns
contain both dates and text - for the cells which contain text, todays date
is displayed whihc is no good. Is it possible to specify multiple switches
so that Word displays either date or text?
Graham Mayor

The display in Excel is Excel's formatting and nothing to do with the way
the data is stored. To format the data in Word you need to use formatting
switches. http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm
You will have problems if you have dates and text in the same fields, but
you could try alternative connection methods to your data - see the Excel
data section of http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm