justchipper

Default merging directly to a letter head template

I just created a mail merge is there a way to merge the new document directly
into a letter head template. I really need help with this or I have a lot of
cutting and pasting to do
Anne Troy

Copy the mail merge main document and paste it into the letterhead template,
and rerun the mail merge.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"justchipper" wrote in message
I just created a mail merge is there a way to merge the new document
directly
into a letter head template. I really need help with this or I have a lot
of
cutting and pasting to do

Anne Troy

I don't understand the question then. This is a no-brainer copy/paste, and
run the mail merge. Why would you need a script? Why don't you ALWAYS run
the merge from the letterhead template?
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Copy the mail merge main document and paste it into the letterhead
template,
and rerun the mail merge.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"justchipper" wrote in message
I just created a mail merge is there a way to merge the new document
directly
into a letter head template. I really need help with this or I have a
lot
of
cutting and pasting to do

Doug Robbins

You should use the Letter Head Template (FileNewselect template) as the
basis for creating the mailmerge main document. No script to write.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Copy the mail merge main document and paste it into the letterhead
template,
and rerun the mail merge.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"justchipper" wrote in message
I just created a mail merge is there a way to merge the new document
directly
into a letter head template. I really need help with this or I have a
lot
of
cutting and pasting to do

justchipper

what I want to do is send a main document into a letter head template so that
I all I have to do is create one letter head for each client. There are
about 100 forms for each client and I do not want to have to put the letter
head on each document separetly

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Copy the mail merge main document and paste it into the letterhead
template,
and rerun the mail merge.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"justchipper" wrote in message
I just created a mail merge is there a way to merge the new document
directly
into a letter head template. I really need help with this or I have a
lot
of
cutting and pasting to do

Anne Troy

Maybe you only need to create a "proper" letterhead template...one that only
has the logo on page 1?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
If that's not the case...just ignore me.
************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Copy the mail merge main document and paste it into the letterhead
template,
and rerun the mail merge.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"justchipper" wrote in message
I just created a mail merge is there a way to merge the new document
directly
into a letter head template. I really need help with this or I have
lot
of
cutting and pasting to do

Graham Mayor

Do you want the 'letterhead' on all the 100 forms for each client, or just
on the covering letter? If the former simply do not restrict the
header/footer to the first page. If the latter do restrict it to the first
page (page setup). The merge will place the header or not as you instruct
from the merge source document before you run the merge.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You should use the Letter Head Template (FileNewselect template)
as the basis for creating the mailmerge main document. No script to
write.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.