J. Lumsden

Default How can I mail merge to e-mail in pdf format?

I'm able to mail merge to e-mail, but I need to send the file out in pdf
format instead of a Word document. Does anyone know how to perform a mail
merge to e-mail but have it sent out as a pdf?

Thanks!
Doug Robbins

You would have to execute the merge to a new document, then use a macro to
print each "letter" separately to individual .pdf files, the you could send
them out as attachments to another "transmittal" merge document.

For the macro, you could use

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

You would need to have the .PDF printer set as the default printer and
supply a file name for each file.

The you could use the information in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" athttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.