Aniseed

Default Limiting number of table rows per page

Hi everyone,

I'm using mail merge to populate a table. The table will run to several
pages.

I want to limit the number of rows to a fixed count, say 20 rows per
page.

To achieve this, I could fiddle with the page margin, but I expect some
of the rows to overflow and cause line breaks, which would leave me
with a different number of rows on the pages where that occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Aniseed

Stefan Blom

You could specify a fixed height for the table rows. In TableTable
Properties, click the Row tab. Check "Specify height", type the
desired value, and choose "Exactly" for "Row height is".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Aniseed" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

I'm using mail merge to populate a table. The table will run to

several
pages.

I want to limit the number of rows to a fixed count, say 20 rows per
page.

To achieve this, I could fiddle with the page margin, but I expect

some
of the rows to overflow and cause line breaks, which would leave me
with a different number of rows on the pages where that occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Aniseed

Aniseed

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for that. I tried it out, and it does the job.

Only thing that worries me is text disappearing off the bottom of each
table cell if it overruns the cell height.

Thanks for your time.

Stefan Blom

"Aniseed" wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for that. I tried it out, and it does the job.

I'm glad I could help.

Only thing that worries me is text disappearing off the bottom of
each table cell if it overruns the cell height.

If it happens frequently, then you would of course have to either
increase the row height or reduce the text font size, whichever seems
appropriate.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP