alan

Default Outlook Middle Name in Merge Fields

I'm not sure what I am supposed to do first.

I wrote a letter to be merged with some of my outlook contacts. I
already copied those I needed into a new sub Contacts folder in
Outlook.

However, when I try to insert merge fields, the Middle Name is not
on the list. I haven't done this in a year and I forgot what to do.
How do I get all the outlook fields, or at least the fields in that
particular view, which included middle name, to appear on the Insert
Merge Field List?

Alan
Anne Troy

Versions are so important when asking questions. Perhaps this will help?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alan" wrote in message
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do first.

I wrote a letter to be merged with some of my outlook contacts. I
already copied those I needed into a new sub Contacts folder in
Outlook.

However, when I try to insert merge fields, the Middle Name is not
on the list. I haven't done this in a year and I forgot what to do.
How do I get all the outlook fields, or at least the fields in that
particular view, which included middle name, to appear on the Insert
Merge Field List?

Alan

alan

Yep, and I was going to do it but forgot!

Word & Outlook 2002 SP3

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:35:38 -0400, "Anne Troy"
wrote:

Versions are so important when asking questions. Perhaps this will help?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alan" wrote in message
.. .
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do first.

I wrote a letter to be merged with some of my outlook contacts. I
already copied those I needed into a new sub Contacts folder in
Outlook.

However, when I try to insert merge fields, the Middle Name is not
on the list. I haven't done this in a year and I forgot what to do.
How do I get all the outlook fields, or at least the fields in that
particular view, which included middle name, to appear on the Insert
Merge Field List?

Alan

alan

Anne, I did that one on my own (to put Insert Merge Field on the Merge
Toolbar) BUT, when I hit Insert Merge Field, middle name doesn't show
up, unless I missed it.

wrote:

Versions are so important when asking questions. Perhaps this will help?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alan" wrote in message
.. .
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do first.

I wrote a letter to be merged with some of my outlook contacts. I
already copied those I needed into a new sub Contacts folder in
Outlook.

However, when I try to insert merge fields, the Middle Name is not
on the list. I haven't done this in a year and I forgot what to do.
How do I get all the outlook fields, or at least the fields in that
particular view, which included middle name, to appear on the Insert
Merge Field List?

Alan

Doug Robbins

Start the merge from Outlook.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote:

Versions are so important when asking questions. Perhaps this will help?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alan" wrote in message
. ..
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do first.

I wrote a letter to be merged with some of my outlook contacts. I
already copied those I needed into a new sub Contacts folder in
Outlook.

However, when I try to insert merge fields, the Middle Name is not
on the list. I haven't done this in a year and I forgot what to do.
How do I get all the outlook fields, or at least the fields in that
particular view, which included middle name, to appear on the Insert
Merge Field List?

Alan

alan

It's there now. I don't know what happened but it wasn't there
before. Maybe when I tried to start the merge from Outlook, Outlook
put it in. It didn't work when I selected the contact file from the
Wizzard.

wrote:

Versions are so important when asking questions. Perhaps this will help?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"alan" wrote in message
. ..
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do first.

I wrote a letter to be merged with some of my outlook contacts. I
already copied those I needed into a new sub Contacts folder in
Outlook.

However, when I try to insert merge fields, the Middle Name is not
on the list. I haven't done this in a year and I forgot what to do.
How do I get all the outlook fields, or at least the fields in that
particular view, which included middle name, to appear on the Insert
Merge Field List?

Alan

Graham Mayor

Word uses a different subset of fields from Outlook when you start the merge
from Word. You get all the fileds if you start from Outlook - as described
in the link to my web page that Doug posted.