Tools

Default How do I number my document pages in Word like 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b.

I want to number the pages of my document as follows

1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c....
Daiya Mitchell

On 10/18/05 7:45 AM, "Tools" wrote:

I want to number the pages of my document as follows

1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c....

One option, and this works best if there is a logical separation between 1c
and 2a, and you don't need text to flow from page 1c to 2a, so that you can
put a section break between them.

You could make each numeric set (e.g. 1a, 1b, 1c) a section. Then in View |
Header Footer, you would set the page numbers up so:
{ section }{ page }
The section field gives the number of the section, and will provide the 1,
2, 3. To create a field, enter the curly braces with ctrl-F9, then type the
word, then hit alt-F9 to show field results instead of field codes.

To get the {page} field to show a, b, c, click on Format Page Numbers off
the Header/Footer toolbar, and set the number format to a, b, c, and under
the Page Numbering portion of the dialog, set each section to "restart at
a".

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

how do i set up template in vbeditor without proggramming language ARRRGH New Users 4 October 1st 05 03:19 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Can you save individual document pages as seperate word files? John Calligy Mailmerge 2 April 12th 05 09:14 AM