TS2002

Default HELP ... Too Many Dupicate Labels

I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the Avery
5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my fields and
Merged the data to get the following results. Example 100 address' should
use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged, the 1st page of lables is
correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label in the 1-1 position (Or the upper
left 1st label) and moves the second label into the 1st position. On page 3,
the 3rd. label (upper most right 1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and
everything moves up and to the left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows only
the last address, page 99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last 3
address's and so on.
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"TS2002" wrote in message
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the Avery
5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my fields and
Merged the data to get the following results. Example 100 address' should
use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged, the 1st page of lables is
correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label in the 1-1 position (Or the upper
left 1st label) and moves the second label into the 1st position. On page
3,
the 3rd. label (upper most right 1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and
everything moves up and to the left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows
only
the last address, page 99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last 3
address's and so on.

TS2002

Thank you both for the information and the link ... Unfortunatly, I have read
past messages and had already been the site you book marked. I ended up
cutting and pasting pages 1, 31, 61 and 91 to a new newly formatted Label
document in Word in order to get the information I required. While the link
was very helpful, it could not answer my problem.

Thank you both again
TS

"TS2002" wrote in message
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the Avery
5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my fields and
Merged the data to get the following results. Example 100 address' should
use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged, the 1st page of lables is
correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label in the 1-1 position (Or the upper
left 1st label) and moves the second label into the 1st position. On page
3,
the 3rd. label (upper most right 1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and
everything moves up and to the left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows
only
the last address, page 99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last 3
address's and so on.

TS2002

Thank you Graham and Doug ... I have tried every possible combination I can
think of, but I just cannot seem to have it create the mailmerge correctly.
I am truely baffled by this. I ended up cutting and pasting pages 1,31,61,91
to a new document so that I could print only one set. When I attempted to
delete the duplicates I wound up with only 1 label per page!

TS

TS2002 wrote:
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the
Avery 5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my
fields and Merged the data to get the following results. Example 100
address' should use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged, the 1st
page of lables is correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label in the 1-1
position (Or the upper left 1st label) and moves the second label
into the 1st position. On page 3, the 3rd. label (upper most right
1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and everything moves up and to the
left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows only the last address, page
99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last 3 address's and so on.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In your mailmerge main document, is there a Next Record field before the
first mergefield in all labels on the sheet other that the first one?

What do you get when you execute the merge to a new document?

--

TS2002 wrote:
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the
Avery 5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my
fields and Merged the data to get the following results. Example 100
address' should use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged, the 1st
page of lables is correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label in the 1-1
position (Or the upper left 1st label) and moves the second label
into the 1st position. On page 3, the 3rd. label (upper most right
1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and everything moves up and to the
left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows only the last address, page
99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last 3 address's and so on.

Graham Mayor

If you follow the original link -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm you will see that
there is only one page in the source document. In order to produce the
labels you have to merge to the printer or to a new document. This is
explained in the referenced article. It appears you are messing with the
source document.

TS2002 wrote:
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the
Avery 5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my
fields and Merged the data to get the following results. Example
100 address' should use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged,
the 1st page of lables is correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label
in the 1-1 position (Or the upper left 1st label) and moves the
second label into the 1st position. On page 3, the 3rd. label
(upper most right 1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and everything
moves up and to the left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows only
the last address, page 99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last
3 address's and so on.

TS2002

Hi Guys
First ... Thank you both for all your assistance. I have come to realize
that it just doesn't work like it did in the "Old Days!" But thats ok ...
MS will eventually come out with a new realse and then I'll be ready. I
appreciate all your input, I have tried evry solution to no avail.

TS2002 wrote:
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with names address only! I am using the
Avery 5160 Label format. I have selected my Data Source, Matched my
fields and Merged the data to get the following results. Example 100
address' should use about 4 sheets (30/page) ... Once merged, the 1st
page of lables is correct, the 2nd. page deletes the label in the 1-1
position (Or the upper left 1st label) and moves the second label
into the 1st position. On page 3, the 3rd. label (upper most right
1-3) is now in the 1st. postion and everything moves up and to the
left. The last page NUMBER 100! Shows only the last address, page
99 shows the last 2, page 98 shows the last 3 address's and so on.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Actually, apart from the user interface, it works exactly like it did in the
old days.

If you send your mailmerge main document to me, I will take a look at it and
then should be able to tell you what to do with it so that it works
correctly.