Kevin

Default Excel data for email merge in Word 2000

I am running Office 2000 Professional and I have a list of about 100
clients that I need to send update emails to as our software and it's
add-ons are updated.

I created the letter in Word and created the fields to pull information
from in columns in Excel with no problem.

What I'm running into now is how to get this message emailed to the
recipients so that it creates 1 letter with the information for 1 user
site.

I.E. -- Each row of excel has an admin, site coordinator, site name,
and contact e-mail. I can get mail merge to fill in the admin,
coordinator, and site name fields in Word, but I haven't been able to
get it to start sending the message out to the different email
contacts.

I'd like to set it to send out a message and have it compile and send
the 100 or so sites their own message.

P.S.
I'd like it to appear as if the email itself is the Word document, I
don't want to have to use it as an attachment.

Please help. Thanks.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You need to execute the mailmerge to email. When you do that, a dialog box
will appear in which you can select the field in the datasource that
contains the email addresses.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.