yapster03

Default How do I enter a hyperlink from an excel sheet into mail merge?

I am creating a mail merge email document and have different hyperlinks in my
recipient list. The recipient list is an excel spreadsheet with different
hyperlinks, names, etc. How can I embed the hyperlinks into the body of
the email? When I try to add the field which contains the hyperlink it turns
the hyperlink into text when the merge is complete. Please advise
macropod

Hi,

If you select your mailmerge field and press Ctrl-F9, that will create
another pair of field braces around it, thus:
{ LinkField }
If you then type 'HYPERLINK' inside the left field brace, thus:
{HYPERLINKLinkField }
and run your mailmerge, you should get hyperlinks instead of plain text.

Cheers

"yapster03" wrote in message
I am creating a mail merge email document and have different hyperlinks in

my
recipient list. The recipient list is an excel spreadsheet with different
hyperlinks, names, etc. How can I embed the hyperlinks into the body of
the email? When I try to add the field which contains the hyperlink it

turns
the hyperlink into text when the merge is complete. Please advise

yapster03

Hi macropod,
Unfortunately, when I tried that method and sent a test email to myself the
hyperlink field was blank. It still was not able to pick up the hyperlink
that was in the excel sheet. Thanks