Default Numbering cells in a column

I have a column in a table within a Word 2000 document that I want to
have automatically numbered from 4001 to 4100. Can someone explain how
to do this?

Thanks

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Run the following macro:

Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To 100
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Cell(i, 1).Range = 4000 + i
Next i

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a column in a table within a Word 2000 document that I want to
have automatically numbered from 4001 to 4100. Can someone explain how
to do this?

Thanks

Tony Jollans

Select the Column (or the cells you want numbered if it's not a whole
column)
Select Format Bullets and Numbering from the Menu
Select the Numbered tab
Click on the format for the number you want
Click on Customize
Change the Start at to 4001
Change any other options you want to change
Click on OK

--
Enjoy,
Tony