Kerry Purdy

Default Styles 97 to 2003

Hi

I have a number of templates created in word 97. I am now using word 2003.
for other reasons I have created the templates again from scratch in word
2003. If I open an old document based on the w97 temps and update the styles
using attach & update all works well.

However, i need to refer to a lot of my old documents, copying paragraphs
from them. When pasted into my word 2003 docs some of the new style formats
update such as the bullet or numbering symbol and some font options such as
colour. However, the indents are all over the place. I cannot find a way to
sort this problem. I have to set the indents and missing styles formatting
manually each time i paste.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter? It would save me a lot of time if
anyone knows of a solution. Is this a recognised bug? The Word 2003 paste
options of destination formatting etc. does not work either.

Many thanks

Kerry.
Charles Kenyon

I suspect that it isn't Word 97 to Word 2003 but one computer to another
(using bullets or numbering that were not set up to survive this). Crucial
portions of your formatting are in list templates (which are very different
from templates).

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Charles Kenyon