Caseybay

Default Using mailmerge, print to 4 columns, 2 at a time

I'm working on a directory booklet. It will contain fields like labels,
giving names, addresses, and phone # for a few hundred people. I'm
landscaping letter size paper, and I want to print 4 columns with 7 "labels"
in each column, but they need to print left to right, top to bottom on the
left side of the page in columns 1 & 2, then left to right, top to bottom on
the right side in columns 3 & 4.
Any ideas?
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Set up your main document so that it has two columns (FormatColumns). In
the left column, insert a one row, two column table and insert the
mergefields into the cells of that table (the same fields in each) and
insert a Next Record field before the first merge field in the second
cell. When you execute the merge to a new document (the only possible
destination for a directory type mail merge) you will get the arrangement
that you want.

You may need to set the row height of the table in the main document to an
exact figure so that you get the seven "labels" that you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Caseybay" wrote in message
I'm working on a directory booklet. It will contain fields like labels,
giving names, addresses, and phone # for a few hundred people. I'm
landscaping letter size paper, and I want to print 4 columns with 7
"labels"
in each column, but they need to print left to right, top to bottom on the
left side of the page in columns 1 & 2, then left to right, top to bottom
on
the right side in columns 3 & 4.
Any ideas?

Using Word 2003 can't print anything with 2 pages or more? Maureen Microsoft Word Help 26 April 24th 08 08:48 PM
Mail Merge won't print Pam Mailmerge 2 July 20th 05 11:24 PM
Page Numbers Print { PAGE } in Footer in WORD even after ALT + F9 Brent Microsoft Word Help 3 June 2nd 05 05:35 PM
Print 3" x 5" cards, Word 2002 Jim E New Users 10 May 25th 05 04:23 AM
print half-size Ms-Word booklet on 8.5"x11" paper Lynn Allan Page Layout 2 March 11th 05 05:55 AM