DL

Default Merge Issues

I have an excel file with 255 records in it and I am attempting to merge it
to a Word Document. The document merges fine, however, Word appears to ignore
every third record, and so only 2/3 of my desired records are merged to Word.
I have no query options on the document and I can scroll through all 255
records in the original document using the record selector. Any ideas?
Anne Troy

It seems to me that your mail merge main document has an extra next
record where your 3rd record would appear, so something like this might be
your merge fields:

name
address
city

next record
name
address
city

next record next record
name
address
city

Which would "skip" every 3rd record.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DL" wrote in message
I have an excel file with 255 records in it and I am attempting to merge it
to a Word Document. The document merges fine, however, Word appears to
ignore
every third record, and so only 2/3 of my desired records are merged to
Word.
I have no query options on the document and I can scroll through all 255
records in the original document using the record selector. Any ideas?

DL

Anne:

Thanks for the tip. What I did was blow the document away and recreate it,
which probably did the very thing you suggested. It is working fine now.

Doug