Dick W.

Default mail merge data source is blank

I am using Word and Access 2002. When using an Access query as a data source
for mail merge in Word some queries have no data except the field headings
others are OK. If I take the query into XL the data is there and works fine
but will not work if accessed directly. There appears to be some difference
between those that retain their data and those that do not.
Help! Thanks, Dick W.
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the General tab and check
the box against "Confirm conversions at open" After doing this, when you
attach the data source, you will be given different options for the method
of connecting to the the datasource. Try the DDE option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dick W." wrote in message
I am using Word and Access 2002. When using an Access query as a data
source
for mail merge in Word some queries have no data except the field headings
others are OK. If I take the query into XL the data is there and works
fine
but will not work if accessed directly. There appears to be some
difference
between those that retain their data and those that do not.
Help! Thanks, Dick W.

Dick W.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the General tab and check
the box against "Confirm conversions at open" After doing this, when you
attach the data source, you will be given different options for the method
of connecting to the the datasource. Try the DDE option.

Fantastic! Your help and trouble was very much appreciated. Dick W.