elspethl

Default automatically add border when table goes over 2 pages

Stefan Blom

You have to be more specific on what you are trying to do. Where do
you want the border? Above (below, to the left of, to the right of)
the heading row, or elsewhere?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

elspethl

Apologies I realise that I didn't provide enough information initially.

A document has been set up as a template (by an ex-employee) and when tables
go over 2 pages, a border at the bottom and top of the table is added, which
is exactly what is required. However when the template is then used to
create a new document then the border does not appear when going over pages.
Thanks

Stefan Blom

Two suggestions:

1. Table borders are usually repeated when a table continues on the
the borders are lost? Check FilePrint Preview.

2. Was the border added to the actual table and not to one or more
paragraphs (which are now deleted) inside table cells? Look in
FormatBorders and Shading.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"elspethl" wrote in message
Apologies I realise that I didn't provide enough information

initially.

A document has been set up as a template (by an ex-employee) and

when tables
go over 2 pages, a border at the bottom and top of the table is

added, which
is exactly what is required. However when the template is then used

create a new document then the border does not appear when going

over pages.
Thanks

Stefan Blom

Clarification: I'm of course discussing *horizontal* borders here.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Two suggestions:

1. Table borders are usually repeated when a table continues on the

that

"elspethl" wrote in message
Apologies I realise that I didn't provide enough information

initially.

A document has been set up as a template (by an ex-employee) and

when tables
go over 2 pages, a border at the bottom and top of the table is

added, which
is exactly what is required. However when the template is then

used
create a new document then the border does not appear when going

over pages.
Thanks

How to delete additional pages MS automatically adds Beth Microsoft Word Help 4 July 13th 05 12:45 AM
invisible table border rog Tables 2 April 22nd 05 02:35 PM
How do I make 2 pages of type automatically fit to 1 page in Word. Las Vegas Microsoft Word Help 3 April 5th 05 06:56 PM
How to force a table to not print across pages lax99 Tables 1 February 25th 05 04:01 PM
Item in Table of Contents throw off numbering Robert McN Page Layout 4 January 27th 05 12:50 AM