Bob

Default Prevent table resizing

Hi all,

I hope this is a proper place for this question. I am duplicating a
form that up to now has been filled in by hand. I'm using form controls

inside tables since it's important to match the written form exactly.

Everything seems to work fine except one problem. There is a fairly
large comment area on the form for which I've used a text form control
inside a table. The problem is that when I get to the bottom of the
table it gets longer (more rows added). This totally screws up the
look of the page.

I know I can limit the # of characters typed, but this seems
inefficient in that a user can enter the text anyway they want. They
could have several spaces between paragraphs and so on.

It seems to me there must be some way of prohibiting any more input
once you reach the bottom of the table, or automatically switching to a

continuation page. A macro perhaps? Is it possible to run a macro
that counts lines while data is being input?

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

Bob

Anne Troy

Set the size of the table row to EXACTLY. Then, they can keep typing, but
nobody can see it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Bob

Anne,

Thanks for the answer. I had tried that and it didn't seem to work.
After reading your reply, I looked at it again. I realized that the
comment area was actually part of a larger table. It takes up about 3/4
of the total width and the final 1/4 is split into 19 rows for
references. I guess that means the comment area is actually divided
into 19 rows.

Anyway, I nested a table within the larger one and your solution worked
just fine.

Thanks again.

Bob

Anne Troy