Infoman

Default Address Block Printing on Right Side of Postcard STAYS Right-Justi

Hi...

I have mail merge working for my needs, EXCEPT that the address block, which
I print on the right side of a postcard, has all three lines - name, address,
and city/state/zip - EACH right-justified. I'd like to have this address
block stay on the right side of the postcard, BUT that the address block
itself be CENTER-justified. When I right lick to do this via paragraph
formatting, the address and city/st/zip lines move over to the left side of
the card. Obviously, this is not what I want.

So...anyone know how I can get just my address block center-justified
without any part of this block moving all over the postcard?

Thanks so much!

Andy
Anne Troy

An address block is ONE field, I guess (never really looked), and it doesn't
have separate "line components". Instead, set up your merge with individual
fields (name, address...), and you can separate them.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/i...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Infoman" wrote in message
Hi...

I have mail merge working for my needs, EXCEPT that the address block,
which
I print on the right side of a postcard, has all three lines - name,
address,
and city/state/zip - EACH right-justified. I'd like to have this address
block stay on the right side of the postcard, BUT that the address block
itself be CENTER-justified. When I right lick to do this via paragraph
formatting, the address and city/st/zip lines move over to the left side
of
the card. Obviously, this is not what I want.

So...anyone know how I can get just my address block center-justified
without any part of this block moving all over the postcard?

Thanks so much!

Andy

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge fields
in the configuration that you require. In this case, possibly aligned on a
centre aligned tab stop.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Infoman" wrote in message
Hi...

I have mail merge working for my needs, EXCEPT that the address block,
which
I print on the right side of a postcard, has all three lines - name,
address,
and city/state/zip - EACH right-justified. I'd like to have this address
block stay on the right side of the postcard, BUT that the address block
itself be CENTER-justified. When I right lick to do this via paragraph
formatting, the address and city/st/zip lines move over to the left side
of
the card. Obviously, this is not what I want.

So...anyone know how I can get just my address block center-justified
without any part of this block moving all over the postcard?

Thanks so much!

Andy

Infoman

Default Address Block Printing on Right Side of Postcard STAYS Right-J

Thanks, Anne...

But I tried that, and that's not working either. When I "center-justify"
each line of the name / address on the right, it centers to the CARD itself -
not in that area, which is what I want. Picture the following on the right
side of a postcard

John Smith
123 Anyway Dr.
Anywhere, NY 10011

This is how the merged infoo is appearing. I'd LIKE to get this info, all
still on the right side of the card, to look like this:

John Smith
123 Anyway Dr.
Anywhere, NY 10011

So...I'm still stuck on this.

Thanks...

Andy

"Infoman" wrote in message
Hi...

I have mail merge working for my needs, EXCEPT that the address block,
which
I print on the right side of a postcard, has all three lines - name,
address,
and city/state/zip - EACH right-justified. I'd like to have this address
block stay on the right side of the postcard, BUT that the address block
itself be CENTER-justified. When I right lick to do this via paragraph
formatting, the address and city/st/zip lines move over to the left side
of
the card. Obviously, this is not what I want.

So...anyone know how I can get just my address block center-justified
without any part of this block moving all over the postcard?

Thanks so much!

Andy

Infoman

Hi, Doug...

Thanks....I saw this right after I posted a reply to Anne. Seems like you
are suggesting the same thing Anne did, and it's not working. See my reply
to her. Anything else you may be able to think of on this, by all means,
please reply back.

Thanks!

Andy

"Infoman" wrote in message
Hi...

I have mail merge working for my needs, EXCEPT that the address block,
which
I print on the right side of a postcard, has all three lines - name,
address,
and city/state/zip - EACH right-justified. I'd like to have this address
block stay on the right side of the postcard, BUT that the address block
itself be CENTER-justified. When I right lick to do this via paragraph
formatting, the address and city/st/zip lines move over to the left side
of
the card. Obviously, this is not what I want.

So...anyone know how I can get just my address block center-justified
without any part of this block moving all over the postcard?

Thanks so much!

Andy

Anne Troy

AHAA.... You've used line breaks instead of paragraph returns between your
fields.... A line break doesn't "break" the paragraph, so when you change
one line, it takes everything with it. Turn your show/hide button on:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
OR you've got a style applied, and it's automatically updating. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/f...oft_word.h tm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com