David

Default word 97 christmas labels with graphics

I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a graphic. I
have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups but I am confused
about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an address label and merge it
with my address list? If so, how? I am using word 97 with winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

Anne Troy

Hi, David. If I can get the graphic and you tell me the labels you're using,
I can make the template. However, I'd like to be able to upload the file for
use by others.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"David" wrote in message
I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a graphic. I
have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups but I am confused
about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an address label and merge it
with my address list? If so, how? I am using word 97 with winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David" wrote in message
I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a graphic. I
have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups but I am confused
about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an address label and merge it
with my address list? If so, how? I am using word 97 with winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

David

Anne, Thanks for the offer.

My test label is Avery 8253 and the graphic is a snowflake. I was working
with these to learn how to make the labels.
Once I knew how to make the labels, my wife and I would select the final
graphic and maybe a clear label.

David

"David" wrote in message
I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a graphic.
have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups but I am confused
about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an address label and merge it
with my address list? If so, how? I am using word 97 with winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

David

Doug, Thanks for the answer. I have read the article "Graphics on Labels"
but I am not sure how do it but I will try again. I have tried text boxes
and field codes but do not get the results I want. I have searched for
address label software thinking that this is a solved task. I find ones to
make return address labels; not merge address mail labels with graphics.

David

"David" wrote in message
I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a graphic.
I have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups but I am
confused about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an address label and
merge it with my address list? If so, how? I am using word 97 with
winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

David

OK, I got the INCLUDEPICTURE field code to insert the graphic at the left of
the label but the insert point for text is at the bottom of the label to the
right of the graphic. I first thought I would put the graphic in the label
and type in the addresses but with the insert at the bottom, only one line
shows up. I then formatted the label in mail merge with the includepicture
code first then the address element codes. Same problem.

How do I fix the text alignment issue or fix my understanding?

David

"David" wrote in message
I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a graphic.
I have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups but I am
confused about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an address label and
merge it with my address list? If so, how? I am using word 97 with
winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

Graham Mayor

It has been a long time since I used Word 97, and I have only a vague idea
of its capabilities in the labels sphere. The web page was written much
later. If you can use it to create a new document and add a watermark as
described (maybe using the macro to duplicate the graphics) you can then use
the document so created as the basis for a label merge.

"David" wrote in message
I would like to make merged Christmas Card address labels with a
graphic. I have done a google search and read several MVP write-ups
but I am confused about the process. Can I insert a graphic on an
address label and merge it with my address list? If so, how? I am
using word 97 with winxpsp2.

Thank you, David

David

Thanks to Anne, Doug, & Graham for your suggestions about how to mail merge
address labels with graphics. I have read the referenced articles and found
lots more on google. In addition, I have tried most and some several times.
I keep getting closer but so far, no cigar. All require doing something with
each label and I have too many to do each one manually. Maybe the problem is
Word 97.

I am sure there is a pony in there somewhere but I am tired of shoveling.
Maybe next year I will start sooner and play with some of the labeling s/w.

Thanks again, David