SFCH

Default How do I type/create a spanish "n" with ~ over the top?

Officer is a stickler for using proper spanish character in name (Pena).
Carol

To use the tilde symbol Click on Insert | Symbol and select it there.

Officer is a stickler for using proper spanish character in name (Pena).

Jay Freedman

SFCH wrote:
Officer is a stickler for using proper spanish character in name
(Pena).

With a US English keyboard, type the key combination Ctrl+~ (that is, hold
Ctrl and Shift while you press the key that has the ` and ~ symbols on it),
release the keys, and type the n. Then you should see Peñ and you can
continue typing.

Another method that works with all keyboards and in all Windows programs is
to hold down the Alt key while you type the numbers 0241 on the numeric
keypad.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm for more info.

--
Regards,