name_rafiq

Default Mail Merge Body of Text

Hi

I have a blank vanilla template where recipient details are mail merged,
senders company address is static and senders information is prompted for.

But one problem I have is that this entire process is automated by a macro
and the main body of the text has not yet been completed. So my problem is
that once the document is mail merged to more then one contact you have to
copy and paste the main body of the text to the rest of the letters.

Is there a way that as the user types the body of the text it is copied
through to the rest of the letters.
Kenneth

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:05:05 -0700, "name_rafiq"
wrote:

Hi

I have a blank vanilla template where recipient details are mail merged,
senders company address is static and senders information is prompted for.

But one problem I have is that this entire process is automated by a macro
and the main body of the text has not yet been completed. So my problem is
that once the document is mail merged to more then one contact you have to
copy and paste the main body of the text to the rest of the letters.

Is there a way that as the user types the body of the text it is copied
through to the rest of the letters.

Howdy,

I am not certain that I understand your situation correctly,
but...

How about creating a Template that includes what you
describe as the "main body of the text"?

All the best,
--
Kenneth

name

Thank you for the quick replie.

I have done this with templates that will be used on more then one occasion
but I was hoping to create a vanilla template where the user doesn't need to
edit the template before mailing merging; all users are not supposed to be
able to follow instructions .

example: user opens word by double clicking file in browser, word opens
complains about macro, removes macro, user edits then saves, macro has been
deleted, template can no longer mail merge. The way it should have been
opened is right click and choose open or open word then open document. This
way the macro is not removed.

wrote:

[...]

Kenneth

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:54:02 -0700, "name"
wrote:

[...]

Hello again,

I do understand what you describe, but am out of my depth.

Others who understand this stuff will reply...(we hopeg).

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The obvious place for the user to type the information is into the body of
the mailmerge main document before executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote:

[...]

name

Thank You for your replie

At the moment for simple user defined fields I am using input boxes. But
these are not good for multiple lines of text as the user proof reads text as
they type.

I have seen something like that which i want to do in word. I was working
with diffrent kinds of functionality and got text that I type in one page to
filter through to all other pages in the same location as i typed. But one
problem I could not recreate it

Has any one seen this kind of functionality in word.

Thanks